15 September 2011

Join Me in Abiding Fruit!

Wow, two postings in one day! But I just have to share this with you:
This morning I started a very challenging journey - The Maximize Your Mornings Challenge with Kat at Inspired at Action




The Maximize Your Mornings Challenge (aka HelloMornings) is a Tri-Annual challenge based on the Maximize Your Mornings eBook, which challenges moms to stop waking up TO their children and start waking up FOR them.


Inspired To Action Button
Get the free eBook here.

This semester 1 700 participants will walk together in a journey of accountability, encouragement and change to establish a life giving morning routine.
I’m desperately in need of a life-giving morning routine!  Over the past few months I’ve developed a schedule for our week days and it improved my capacity to give attention to all eight my children in al their different subjects and ages, during our ‘school’ hours, a lot.  But more on the schedule in a later posting.


Since I have the schedule I’ve gradually managed to wake up earlier and developed a routine of Bible study and some exercises before getting dressed and starting breakfast - something I longed to do for years.  So being part of The Maximize Your Mornings Challenge is an absolute bonus to keep me accountable.  Just by reading Kat’s free eBook on Maximize Your Mornings alone changed my attitude, and drew my attention to what is preventing me from waking up FOR my children. 

But this is not all, Katie and Lara at Do Not Depart partnered with Inspired to Action’s Maximize Your Mornings Challenge and will guide us on a journey through the Bible to find out how we can have the abiding fruit of Christ in our lives. 


Anyone can participate in this journey, you don’t need to register or being part of The Maximize Your Mornings Challenge at Inspired at Action. 
Abiding Fruit
"I long for my life to be one which bears the unmistakable mark of a Christian. When people interact with me, I want them to see Christ and His characteristics in me.
But when the baby is crying, my oldest is trying to tell me every detail of his very important dream, my toddler is…well, being a toddler, I’ve lost track of time and we need to be in the car, like NOW, but no one seems to carry the same urgency that I have, and, oh my gosh, I’m still in my pajamas…well, I’m not sure there is much evidence of Christ in me in those moments.
Why is it so hard to do what I desire to do?
If you know this familiar struggle then I’m glad you are reading this. Not (only) because it makes me feel less alone, but because this Fall we are going to take a journey through the Bible to find out how we can have the abiding fruit of Christ in our lives.
We’ve partnered yet again with Inspired to Action’s Maximize Your Mornings Challenge, and have hand-picked thirteen different passages of Scripture to help us understand how the fruit of the Spirit can become evident in our lives. Each Monday, beginning September 19th, we will have weekly Bible study posts for you!
If you are not already diving into a specific study in the Word, we would LOVE for you to join us in making the Abiding Fruit study part of your time with the Lord. You can download the study guide here. Anyone is welcome to join in the study, regardless of whether or not you are doing the Maximize Your Mornings challenge.
This study guide is unique in that we will be guiding you to new passages and YOU will be doing the studying! Each week we will read and study the same passage over the course of five days. Using different study questions, we will observe the passage with a new set of “glasses” each day to help us dig through another layer of Scripture."
So I want to challenge all my blog readers to join me in the Abiding Fruit Bible Study.  If you are joining me, leave a comment and let us pray for each other.
So I will leave you now, so you can go ahead and subscribe to Do Not Depart and receive the Bible Study posts straight to your inbox!
With love
Linnie


"Abide in Me, and I in you.
As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself.
unless it abides in the vine,
neither can you, unless you abide in Me."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Linnie,

Ek is saam met hierdie studie!!
Ek is so dankbaar vir jou "post". Ek sukkel baie met my persoonlike bybelstudieroetine, en is nou baie opgewonde oor hierdie studie. Ek het die Savoring Living Water e-boek ook afgelaai! Dankie dat jy dit met ons gedeel het!

Groete, Melinda

Katie Orr said...

Glad you are joining us! Thanks for spreading the word!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin