29 May 2011

New!!! Book Reviews

I grew up on a farm and due to the isolation, my number one pastime was reading.  Every Friday afternoon my mother would go into town for weekly supplies and we would stop at the library to get our supply of books for the weekend, just before we went home!  At that stage I was a teenager and read fiction only.  
After marrying Christo, he challenged me to read more factual books.  I was reluctant and settled for Christian fiction.  Then 11 years ago I started homeschooling my oldest son and devoured any book on the topic of homeschooling.  As my homeschooling journey developed and my family grew, I desperately needed material on being a Godly wife and mother.  The Lord amazingly provided me with life changing material on these topics.  So much so, that I seldom read fiction now days.  Maybe once a year on our annual vacation!

image source

During the years I educated myself through books specifically written by Christian writers from ministries I’m in one mind with.  
I’m planning to start a book review section on my blog and hope it will be of value to you!
With love
Linnie

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I, too, have shifted to almost exclusively nonfiction. I love reading reviews so I don't inadvertently pick up one not worth my time.

May God bless your ministry to women.
Pamela

Blog Widget by LinkWithin