08 May 2011

Blessed Mother's Day to all my Know and Unknown Friends!



I like to share with you this beautiful poem and prayer of a Mother:

Precious Moments

I have some little people with fine hair and rosy cheeks,
They giggle and they squeal quite as often as they speak,
They climb on me each morning and chase me through the day
Asking lots of questions and begging me to play.
It's easy to get busy with the things I need to do
Forgetting that their playful days are fleeting and too few.


Oh, Lord, please help me notice what's important and what's not,
To cherish precious moments and to mother as I ought,
Please keep me from distractions that would rob me of the joy
That you have planned to give me through my precious girls and boys.
Please help me teach them of Your ways, this is my highest aim,
I long to see my children live to glorify Your name.


O, help me be the model that would draw them to Your throne,
Let me make for them a haven that would turn their hearts to home,
And in these fast and fleeting years, please help me not to miss
The treasure that you give me in each cuddle and each kiss.
When I am old and looking back at every blessed year
I will rejoice that I was there to share each joy and tear.

By Val Hallaran

With Love 

Linnie
"He grants the barren woman a home,
Like a joyful mother of children.
Praise the Lord!"
Ps. 113:9

2 comments:

Urban Homestead South Africa said...

And to you, Precious Linnie.

Klecia said...

Greetings from Australia! I've been reading your blog regularly for just over a year now - what an inspiring mother you are! I love reading your blogs to get encouragement and advise for my mothering journey. Especially being a first generation Christian in both our families .

I hope you had a blessed mother's day! You have a beautiful family.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin